While America sits in embarrassment because of their choice of presidential candidates, an American blogger called Ivy Ivy Lee has written a list of 23 things that she believes British people do better than American people.
I though it would be nice to read out some of the items on that list, to see if you agree with any of them:
- They call hamburger beef burger because it's clearly made of beef.
- They call soccer football because it's clearly played with the foot.
- They have the full English breakfast while we have the full sugar and preservatives cereal.
- They have nice relaxing afternoon teas with custard cream biscuits while we drown ourselves in Starbucks just to maintain functionality. (I don't agree with this one.)
- They have 28 days of paid holiday by law, not including maternity leave, sick leave, etc. while we have 10.
- They have free universal healthcare, praised as the best in the world, while we remain the only developed country (out of 33) that doesn't.
- They produced Adele, David Bowie, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Coldplay, Radiohead, Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Smiths, The Libertines, The Who? (The British), The Faces, The Waterboys, The Buzzcocks, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Zombies, The Slits, The Stone Roses, The Cure, The Darkness, while we didn't.
- They know how to primly and properly queue while we mass frenziedly.
- They know how to primly and properly apologise – for everything.
- They have a greater grasp of sarcasm, irony, self-deprecating humour and also, the entire English language.
- They beat us at politeness and profanity at the same time.
- The English accent is more attractive than the American accent. This is just an indisputable fact of nature. (Don't agree with this one; more London area.)
Q) Is there anything you can think of that Britain do quite well? (Black Friday)
Q) Is there anything America does better than us? (Food)
There seems to be no site of impartial opinions from media outlets or even individuals. So, I've listed some of the polices of both candidates, an an unbiased, UK citizen, so that American listeners.
After each section, I'm gonna ask my co-presenters what they think about each candidates policies.
Immigration: Hillary supports immigrants coming into America, as long as they learn to speak English and pay taxes, bills, fines, etc. She also supports a fence being put on the Mexican border. Donald wants to build a wall on the Mexican border border and make them pay for it, but he wants to allow legal immigrants into the country. He wants to deport all criminal immigrant in America.
Q) What are you thoughts?
Economy: Hillary wants higher minimum wage and encourage profit-sharing via a tax credit for 2 years. Donald wants to end deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad and also wants to declare China a currency manipulator.
Q) What do you think of that?
Gun Laws: Hillary wants to put a stricter ban on assault weapons and background checks. Donald opposes new gun-control laws and feels that it would be better to focus on enforcing existing laws and fixing the broken mental health system in America. He very pro-2nd amendment, stating that all citizens should be allowed to carry a gun with them.
Q) What do you think about that?
Q) What your opinion on guns in America.
Recently, Jusin Bieber dropped his mic and walked off stage after not being able to speak over his screaming fans. Some say that Justin should suck it up and expect fan to be like this, while others say that fan should show more respect for the him.
Q) Did you see the video clip of this?
Q) What's your opinion?
Yesterday, an Uber self-driving truck drove itself 100 miles, delivering beers to Colorado. This is the ever journey made by a self-driving vehicle. It could really be a game-changer. Using self-driving vehicles can save millions of dollars for any big supplier.
Q) What do you think about these self-driving vehicles?
(Disadvantage is that millions of jobs could be lost is we switch over to self-driving technology.)
Last week, we talked about the news that a carrier pigeon had been arrested because of the threatening messages which it was carrying. But this week, a chicken has been put into police custody for trying to cross the road.
The chicken that crossed the road was being a distraction to motorists, and so it was reported, causing it to be arrested.
Q) Do you think this is fair?